Helping your child uncover the causes of his or her difficulties.
Psychological and Educational Testing
Are you wondering why your child isn't learning? Are teachers expressing concern that your child may have a learning disability, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), or a social-emotional problem at school?
As a parent, it is difficult to watch your child's frustration with learning. The first step to helping your child learn is to uncover the possible causes of his or her difficulties. We provide a complete psychoeducational assessment to address concerns about learning and development. Each assessment includes:
- Free 30-minute initial parent consultation to develop an individualized testing plan that will address parent and teacher concerns
- A comprehensive review of student records, to uncover patterns of learning and difficulties
- A complete developmental history of the child
- A classroom/school observation to assess the nature of the child's difficulties in a real-world situation
- Cognitive testing to uncover the way the student learns best and areas of potential cognitive weakness
- Tests of information processing to gain information about the strategies that will work best when teaching the child
- Social-emotional screening to assess situational factors that may be getting in the way of learning
- Motivational screening, to see what can motivate your child to do better in school
- A full psychoeducational report to provide to those who work with your child, including treatment recommendations, accommodations, and modifications
- School-based meeting to educate and consult with teachers and support staff about how best to help the student succeed in school
- A six-month follow-up consultation to monitor progress